As used here, terms such as "we" or "our" and "Company" refer to DUET and its current and future affiliated entities and venders. "This website" and "the website" refer to duet4health.org and any websites within the duet4health.org domain or sub-domains, and any other related websites and applications.
Information collected through your use of this website includes data stored in cookies and local storage, usage tracking information, and account and other personal information. Each of these is explained below.
Cookies and Local Storage
"Cookies" are small files placed on your computer when you visit a website or click on a URL. Local storage is data that your browser stores in its own database on your computer.
We may use local storage to hold some data before it is sent to the web server, such as audio recordings made using the website.
You may disable cookies or local storage by adjusting your browser settings at any time. If you disable them, this may effect the way this website functions for you. You may permanently delete previously saved cookies and data in local storage by using browser functions for this at any time.
Note that we do not respond to web browser "Do Not Track" signals.
Usage Tracking Information
We may track your usage of the website in three ways: 1) activity tracking, 2) access logs, and 3) website analytics.
Activity Tracking: As you perform certain activities on the website, such as creating a project or granting another user access to your project, a record of that activity may be saved. The activity record is may then be viewable by you and other users who have permission to view it. This record of activities is a key feature of the website and allows users to explore past activity effecting their data. Activity tracking can not be disabled.
Access Logs: As you access pages of the website, the website servers may log this activity. The logs may include your IP address, the page you requested to access, and any data you sent when making the request to access the page. We regularly review access logs to look for indications of potential problems with the website or servers. Access logging can not be disabled.
Analytics: We may use analytics companies to gather information about website visitors, such as which pages are visited most often, which other websites refer visitors, which browsers are used most often, the general geographic location of visitors, etc. These data are available to us only in aggregate form -- we can not identify a specific user from these data. We regularly review analytics data to gain a better understanding of how the website is used in order to improve it. Analytic data gathering can not be disabled. Although these data are collected and stored by a third party, they are not used by them for any purpose except to provide aggregate data to us.
Account and Other Personal Information
You have the option to create an account in order to use certain parts of the website. When you create an account, you must provide some personal information, including your name and email address. Also, some web pages give you the opportunity to provide us with additional personal information that is linked to your account. You do not have to provide us with additional personal information; however, if you do not, that may limit your ability to use certain functions of the website or to request certain services or information.
Even if you do not create an account, some web pages still give you the opportunity to provide us with personal information, such as contact forms on which you may include your email address.
We may combine personal information that you provide us through this website with other information we have received from you, whether online or offline, or from other sources such as from our vendors.
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes such as:
- To personalize the website for you.
- To respond to an email or other request from you, such as when you request a password reset.
- To let you know when certain events occur related to your account which we believe you need to know about. For example, when another user invites you to access their information.
- To let you know when there is a change to the website which we believe you should know about in order to continue using or improve your usage of the website. For example, when a major feature is added.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
We may use personal information to contact you through any contact information you provide, including any email address, telephone number, cell phone number, text message number, or fax number.
As well as any information access and disclosure noted above and in the End User Agreement, we may access and disclose your information internally within the Company for the following purposes:
- To provide you or other user(s) you have granted acces to your information with support or other services which you or they request.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- To protect our rights, the rights of affiliates or related third parties, or take appropriate legal action, such as to enforce the End User Agreement.
- To develop aggregate, de-identified reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics.
As well as any information access and disclosure noted above and in the End User Agreement, we may access and disclose your information to a third party for the following purposes:
- If you ask us to do so.
- In response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation, or to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting activities that are illegal, violate our rules, or may be harmful to other visitors.
- To allow a third party to perform services on our behalf, such as to send email messages from us or to host the website and related computers and software. When we use a third party to provide a service that requires disclosure of information, we only do so with agreements that require the third party to secure and maintain the privacy of that information.
Online Communication Practices
We may send email messages and other electronic communications to you only in the situations noted above and in the End User Agreement.
We do not send advertisements for third-party services or products.
Website and Information Security
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this website.
We follow industry-standard security practices, including:
- encrypting data in transit (all connections to the website are encrypted with an SSL certificate);
- encrypting data at rest (data stored on the web servers are encrypted when not in use); and
- following strict procedures for securing data and maintaining the privacy of information whenever data are accessed for any purpose.
To maintain your privacy and the privacy and security of your information and data, you must:
- Carefully manage your account access information. Use a strong password for your account, change it regularly and whenever you believe it may have been compromised, and keep it private.
- Carefully manage the security of any computers or other devices you use to access the website.
- Carefully manage the security of any email address you use for your account. We will send account information and password reset links to that email address.
- Notify us immediately if you believe your account or your user-stored data or any user-stored data you have been given access to may have been compromised.
- Follow the usage policies and procedures specified or expected under any agreement you have with your employer or other individual or entity if your use of the website is part of an agreement with another party.
- Follow the guidelines prescribed by any compliance requirements if your use of the website is covered by legal mandates, such as HIPAA.
If you believe we have misused any of your information please contact us immediately.
This information was updated April 10, 2017. We may change this information. If we do, changes will appear on this page.