Am I eligible?
Is it hard for you to eat healthy and exercise? You are not alone. If both you (as a cancer survivor) and your “buddy” (note: a buddy can be a spouse or other family member, friend, or a neighbor) are overweight and want to get to a healthier weight, you both may qualify to participate in DUET.
The DUET study is open to men and women who:
- Are residents of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, or North Carolina;
- Are age 18 and over;
- Live within a 15-minute drive of their “buddy”;
- Have been diagnosed with localized renal, or loco-regional ovarian, colorectal, endometrial, prostate, multiple myeloma, or breast cancer AND completed treatment; a qualified partner does not need to have been diagnosed with cancer.
- Are both overweight or obese;
- Are both eating less than 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables a day;
- Are both exercising less than 150 minutes per week;
- Are both able to use a computer, iPad or Smart Phone and have access to the Internet; and
- Are not participating in any other diet and/or exercise program.
Want to Be Contacted About Participating?
If you think you may be eligible (see above), submit the information below to be contacted. A DUET representative will contact you in 1-2 business days.